Meet the Doctor
Meet Jose Luis Beltran, DMD, MD
Doctor Jose Luis Beltran was born in Quito, Ecuador. He began his studies at the Cotopaxi Academy American International School from pre-Kinder to 11th grade. He completed his studies at Chamberlain High School in Tampa and graduated with honors. He received his Biology Bachelor of Science from the University of South Florida with University Honors, Biology Department Honors, and Magna Cum Laude. Dr. Beltran was the most highly recruited Hispanic to Dental School and was offered many scholarships.
He decided to attend Harvard School of Dental Medicine where he earned his Doctorate of Medical Dentistry. He then pursued 5 years of training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center. During his training, he earned his Medicine Doctorate from the University of Texas at Houston and completed one year of General Surgery Residency in the Houston Medical Center including M.D. Anderson Cancer Research Center. During his preparation, he was thoroughly trained in dento-alveolar surgery, dental implants, orthognathic surgery, facial trauma, maxillofacial pathology, and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Beltran also completed a Dental Implantology Associate Fellowship from the American Academy of Dental Implantology at Rutgers University.
Dr. Beltran is a member of the American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, and multiple professional Medical and Dental societies.
After a 10-year departure from Tampa and extensive training, Dr. Beltran has moved back home to where he believes is the best place to offer his services.
In his free-time, Dr. Beltran likes to play soccer, train for triathlons and marathons, and enjoys listening and playing his saxophone. He competitively participates in triathlons where he has consistently placed in the top 5 of his age-category. He always looks forward to a healthy competition. His first language is Spanish, but is also fluent in English.
- 2013-2014 — Dental Implantology Associate Fellowship, Rutgers University, American Academy of Dental Implantology
- 2003-2008 — Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center.
- 2007-2008 — General Surgery Internship, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center.
- 2005-2008 — Medical Degree. (M.D.). University of Texas Houston Health Science Center.
- 1999-2003 — Doctor of Medical Dentistry (D.M.D.), Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
- 1998-1999 — Master Health Administration, University of South Florida College of Public Health,
- 1994-1998 — Biology Bachelor of Science, University of South Florida. Magna cum Laude. University and Biology Honors.
- 1994 — Chamberlain High School. Go Chiefs!