If you’re in the Temple Terrace, Florida, area and are missing most or all of your teeth, permanent dentures can give you your smile back. Gone are the days when traditional, removable dentures were your only option. Technology has improved in recent years, making missing teeth solutions more comfortable and natural looking than ever. Best of all, if you get permanent dentures, you can enjoy their benefits for the rest of your life.
How Permanent Dentures Work
Sometimes known as All-on-4 or denture implants, permanent dentures can replicate the look and function of your entire set of natural teeth. They feature a permanent implant system that supports denture upper and lower arches (known as a prosthesis). Thanks to state-of-the-art equipment at our Temple Terrace office and Dr. Beltran’s experience, the initial procedure takes mere hours.
If you proceed with getting a complete set of dentures, your gums will be healed and ready in eight to 12 weeks after your teeth have been removed. When teeth are removed the bones and gums will start to shrink. By waiting for up to 12 weeks, you can be sure that your set of complete dentures will fit securely.
See How Permanent Teeth Can Change Your Life
Benefits of Permanent Dentures
What makes denture implants better than other tooth replacement solutions in Temple Terrace? Here are just a few of the benefits they offer:
– Stability: Once they fuse to the bone in your mouth, denture implants provide a secure, permanent hold with no shifting or slippage.
– Convenience: You can care for permanent dentures like your natural teeth, with no need for cleaning solutions or pastes.
– Function: Unlike traditional, removable dentures, there are no diet restrictions with permanent dentures.
– Appearance: Since they’re customized, permanent dentures look just like your natural teeth, only more beautiful.
– Cost-Effective: Permanent dentures save you money in the long run since you aren’t replacing dentures every few years nor spending money on adhesives, etc.
These are just a few permanent denture benefits. The only question left is deciding if they’re right for you.
Am I a Candidate for Permanent Dentures?
If you live in the Temple Terrace area, chances are good that you’re a candidate for permanent dentures. Because of the unique, tilted design, denture implants compensate for minimal bone density and require fewer implants. Even if another dentist has told you that you’re not a candidate for dental implants, you may be a candidate for permanent dentures. As long as Dr. Beltran confirms that you have a healthy mouth with enough bone to support the implants (or determines that bone grafting is an option), you’re an ideal candidate for permanent dentures.
Ready to get started on the permanent dentures process? Have questions? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Beltran today!