Dental ProceduresTemple Terrace, FL
Our dental procedures can keep you and your family in excellent oral health, restore damaged teeth and transform your smile into something truly beautiful. At Beltran Dental Surgery, we understand that each of our patients' smiles is unique and so are their health concerns. As such, we meet with each patient to discuss any health concerns and goals prior to recommending specific dental procedures. If you live in Temple Terrace, we invite you to schedule an appointment by calling (813) 430-0930. During your examination, we can look for any signs of infection or cavities; discuss what you do and do not like about your smile; and determine the best way to proceed.
Available Options for Dental Care
In the past, there were not as many options for treating or restoring teeth. Fortunately, technology has revolutionized dentistry, and there are now a variety of options for treating all types of oral health concerns. Gone are the days where teeth were pulled on a regular basis. Now, the majority of damaged or infected teeth can be saved when treated early enough. Simultaneously, if teeth do fall out there are a variety of procedures for replacing them that go well beyond removable dentures.
If you have had dental work done in the past or are currently wearing dentures and are not satisfied with the results, schedule an appointment with Beltran Dental Surgery. Our dental procedures use the latest in dental technology allows us to improve the appearance and functionality of former restorations. For example, we can replace old metal fillings with tooth-colored ones for a more natural appearance. We can also treat teeth that have had a bonding procedure in the past if the material is now looking old and dated.
We can make each restoration blend in with the surrounding teeth. Even if we are replacing an old artificial tooth or fixing a recently damaged tooth, the tooth will look fantastic once complete. It will be difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish the difference between the natural teeth and the restoration. There are multiple types of dental work we can use to accomplish this goal. Those who want to replace a tooth may benefit from a dental bridge, dental implants or modern dentures instead. Regardless of what procedure is necessary, we will ensure that it is completed to perfection.
At Beltran Dental Surgery, we also work to ensure that patients remain comfortable and relaxed during the dental procedure. We can offer several types of light sedation to make this a possibility. We understand that many adults have concerns over getting their teeth worked on and at times, simply need to relax. Whether you do so through sedation or friendly conversation, we are here to help. With more intensive procedures, we will ensure that you do not feel any discomfort along the way. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with our Temple Terrace dentist office, call 813-430-0930.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Procedures Temple Terrace
Questions Answered on This Page
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries is also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed process to clean the teeth that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
Back to top of Dental Procedures
Tooth enamel is one of the strongest tissues in our bodies, but anyone can end up with chipped teeth. Traumatic falls, blows and crashes can all chip teeth. The dental procedure that is required depends on various factors, such as the location of the tooth, the degree of the chip, treatment history of the tooth and the…
A dental crown may be known as a cosmetic procedure, but it has many more uses. Some people might use it to give a worn out tooth a natural shape while others may need it because their tooth may have become very weak. Dental crowns mount over the entire area above the gums and fix…
Often times, the use of bone grafts are necessary during oral surgery procedures. But, oral surgery can be frightening for a lot of people because it may be unknown territory. However, oral surgeons and dentists are trained to know what to do. There are a few different reasons why bone grafts might be needed.While oral…
A new smile can be achieved through a same day teeth operation. If you have any teeth, regardless of their location, there are implant and crown procedures that can be placed immediately and can provide the patient with a new smile the very same day. In a sense, this is a tooth removal procedure that…